- No Alcohol or Caffeine 24 hours before procedure. This can impact the procedure.
- If possible stop taking aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, fish oil, CoQ10 and ibuprofen 24 hours before the procedure unless medically necessary.
- You can have your eyebrows wax or thread prior coming to the appointment. However, clean up your eyebrows is part of your appointment.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned eyebrows/face the day of the procedure or we will most likely have to cancel your appointment and the Cancellation Policy will be put to effect.
- Botox treatments should be done 3 weeks prior or 4 weeks after procedure.
- No chemical peels 60 days before or after procedure (brows will peel quicker due to chemicals traveling under the skin).
- No Retinols/Retin-A or other anti-aging/acne creams, or serums containing acids on your eyebrows as these will fade brows prematurely
- Do not work out or sweat heavily the day of the procedure this increases heavier blood flow during the service. Please be advised that working out for the first few days will be discouraged, please plan your workouts ahead of time.
Please note: Due to Safety Regulation of Massachusetts we have the Right to Refuse to perform any service and Will charge you for the full service or redeem your voucher if you are under any drugs or substances (this includes alcohol, Marijuana etc. this can impact the color retention overall).
IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES OR ARE TAKING MANY MEDICATIONS PLEASE GIVE US A CALL TO ENSURE YOU’RE A CANDIDATE FOR MICROBLADE.
Microblading might Not Be For You If:
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Those prone to keloids or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation
- Diabetes (will need medical clearance)
- History of MRSA in the last 6 months If you have a transmittable blood disease such as HIV or Hepatitis
- Abnormal Heart Condition (will need medical clearance)
- Patients undergoing Chemotherapy
- have any kind of skin condition on or near your eyebrows (includes eczema, shingles, rashes, or anything else near eyebrows)
- Very Oily Skin
- Taking Blood Thinners such as: Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Coumadin…
- Allergic reaction to alcohol or numbing agents
- Those with dark pre-existing eyebrow tattoos or permanent makeup
- Those under the age of 18 years old- Even if parental consent is given
Day 1: 1-2 hours after the Microblading treatment gently cleanse your eyebrows using PhiWipes without stretching the skin. Cleanse the skin up until you find traces of pigment or colored lymph on the wipes. In this way, the excess lymph is removed in order to prevent formation of scabs, which are otherwise devastating when it comes to pigment. You will use this 15-30 minutes right after your initial wiping for 3-4 times and place the wipe back into the bag. Toss away after 3-4 times of using (Up until 3 hours of opening).Avoid water on your eyebrows for 24 hours!
Day 2-6: Clean your eyebrows with a dry wipe and You will apply the antibiotic which was provided to you. The Artist must of explained specifically how to use this depending on your skin type. This ointment will be applied with a wand or clean finger anywhere from 1x a day to as needed. Depending on your skin you might not need to use it overall especially if it is more on the oily side.PhiCandy Balm is a natural cream, formulated for skin care after the treatment, whose function is to keep the skin moisturized and to keep it protected from external influences, such as dust, sweat, etc.
During the First 7-10 days
- Avoid all creams (except the protective ones), all the makeup (foundation) around and in the eyebrow area.
- Do not Saturate your Brows! Keep them as dry as possible. While showering try to wash your hair last, keeping your head tilted back so the water doesn’t run towards your brows. Wash your face in the sink using a damp cloth to cleanse around your new brows. (It’s okay if water happens to run by your eyebrows) You do not want to go more than the 24 hours without wetting them, its ok!
- Avoid exercises that cause excessive sweating, sauna, hot tubs, swimming, public pools, facial massage and inhalation.
- No Rubbing, Scratching or Picking! This can all lead to premature fall out of scabs and very low pigment retention.
- Avoid Long Sun Exposure.
- Please take a look at the Aftercare Instructions Given to you & the Guide which instructs you which state you’re in with your eyebrows.
Skin Candy Sun and Sweat Protection: This is an after care cream for eyebrows after the PhiBrows treatment which is intended for clients who are exposed to sun or heavy sweating. It is recommended to people who train often, or the ones who will be exposed to the sun shortly after treatment.
In the next 30 days
- Avoid: suntanning, sunbeds, light (laser) therapy, chemical peels, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors.
- You should always avoid laser treatments over the treated area during the healing period (Fraxel laser, IPL) because they can destroy the pigment and cause inflammation. Faster fading out of pigment can happen if the clients use antibiotics or hormonal therapy.
- Always protect your eyebrows from the sun by using sun protection cream (not only during the first 7 days)